Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reflection

I think that reflecting back on my original language belief, my research actually supports it. At first, I thought that language represented your history and now I still believe that because depending on which language you use, you express your roots and people might even be able to determine what you've experienced in your life. If that doesn't make sense, imagine if you heard someone speaking in Taiwanese, you might be able to determine that it's pretty possible that they are an older generation and that they most probably live in Taiwan.
But after all my research I've realized that Taiwanese speakers might have different accents depending on their age or what region they live in. I especially want to know if the Taiwanese they speak in that one region in China is different than anything you would hear in Taiwan becuase the two groups don't ever really mix together to combine dialects.

No comments: